- Patients and family rights include respecting values and beliefs, any special preferences, cultural needs, and responding to requests for spiritual needs.
- Patient and family rights include respect for personal dignity and privacy during examination, procedures and treatment.
- Patient and family rights include protection from neglect or abuse.
- Patient and family rights include treating patient information as confidential.
- Patient and family rights include the refusal of treatment.
- Patient and family rights include a right to seek an additional opinion regarding clinical care.
- Patient and family rights include informed consent before the transfusion of blood and blood components, anesthesia, surgery, initiation of any research protocol and any other invasive/high-risk procedures/treatment.
- Patient and family rights include a right to complain and information on how to voice a complaint.
- Patient and family rights include information on the expected cost of the treatment.
- Patient and family rights include access to their clinical records.
- Patient and family rights include information on the name of the treating doctor, care plan, progress and information on their health care needs.
- Patient rights include determining what information regarding their care would be provided to self and family.
- Respect and dignify all hospital staff members and other patients.
- Provide accurate information about their health, including past illnesses, Hospitalization,
Allergies & Use of Medication.
- Read all the medical forms being signed by them and seek clarity in case of any doubt.
- Follow the treatment plan recommended by their health care provider.
- Patient is responsible for his / her actions and the outcomes, in case of refusal for treatment, which shall be signed off by the patient / attendant / guardian.
- Patient is responsible for fulfilling all financial obligations of the treatment cycle, as soon as possible.
- The hospital is not responsible for patient’s personal belongings and valuables, they should be handed over to the attendant / guardian of the patient with documentation of the process.
- Follow all displayed rules of the hospital.